Because of the Covid Pandemic you can now use online services to book a limited number of GP appointments. Please note ALL appointments are telephone consultations and not face to face so DO NOT attend the Medical Centre.
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer or mobile. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP. We will soon be introducing this for Nurse appointments too.
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
- View Past & Future appointments
The service is free. Everyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice’s online services. You can access these services 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
How can I start using GP online services?
Follow the steps below to sign up for GP online services:
- Register online via Patient Access
- Ordinarily you would need to visit the Medical Centre to provide photo ID and proof of address. This will not be necessary during the Covid pandemic. See 4 below. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
- Once you have signed up, you will receive your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in
- During the Covid Pandemic (March 1st 2020 until further notice) you can Register online and can just telephone the Practice to complete the registration process to avoid you having to visit us.
I’m not good with the internet – where can I get help?
There are a number of different services for people who need internet training such as UK online centres. Others are provided by local authorities, colleges and charities. The best place to start would be your local library.