Thank you to those patients who have kindly volunteered their services to sit on our Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The current committee comprises:
Linda Rusk (Lead Co-ordinator) – Robert.email@example.com
Patient involvement is now a high priority in the NHS. NHS England is committed to working and engaging with patients, carers and the public in a wide range of ways. Ensuring that people’s views are heard at all levels and across all parts of the healthcare system is essential for creating and delivering better health and care services.
What is the purpose of the PPG?
Patient participation is about patients and practices working together. It aims to bring about positive change to the benefit of all patients and practice staff.
What Does the PPG Do?
Each PPG is unique, evolving to meet local needs. It is made up of patients, doctors and other practice staff who communicate at regular intervals to consider ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to its’ patients. We offer our opinion, advice and assistance on how the practice can provide the best possible service to patients. We work both collectively and individually. We work together in partnership with the practice to ascertain the views of patients and represent those views, obtaining patient feedback, and help improve services provided by the practice. Our aims are to:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- Foster improved communication between the practice and its’ patients
- Provide information updates to patients through newsletters
- Carry out research into the views of those who use the practice
- Listen and act upon patient views (where possible)
- Help patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Provide practical support and help to implement change
Since the formation of the group back in the summer of 2015, the PPG has contributed towards improvements in the surgery including:
- The surgery’s new website back in 2016
- Conducting a “Patients Survey” which brought about increased appointment availability to book online
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Information leaflets on the voluntary services available in the area, displayed in the reception area
- Baby Changing Facilities
The PPG is not a:
- Practice Management Committee; we do not interfere with the Practice’s management decisions or its day-to-day running
- Forum for complaints
- Vehicle for individuals to voice personal interests, resolve personal issues or to get additional personal medical service
- Doctor’s fan club
Membership of the PPG:
It is important that the membership of the PPG is representative of the practice population. The Green Street Green Medical Centre has a diverse patient population with patients of different ages and a wide variety of different needs. To be truly representative, we would welcome more volunteers, particularly from under-represented groups (for example, patients under the age of 40 and young mothers). If you would like to contribute to the PPG please complete the ‘Sign Up’ form below online and submit it to us. Alternatively speak to a member of the Practice staff or e-mail the Lead Co-ordinator of the PPG for more details.
Virtual Patient Participation Group (VPPG)
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.