VACCINATIONS FOR FOREIGN TRAVEL AT THE GREEN ST GREEN MEDICAL CENTRE
All vaccines are now available at the surgery and most are free of charge. We are a registered Yellow Fever Centre.
The following vaccinations, however, are not wholly available on the Health Service and you will be asked to pay the fee shown in addition to any prescription charge. Due to the high cost of these vaccines and because they have to be ordered individually we regret that we shall have to ask for prepayment at the time of booking your appointment.
We will advise you which are necessary for your trip.
1. Meningitis vaccine (MENINGIVAC A + C) This is occasionally needed by travellers to the meningitis belt of Africa and pilgrims to The Haj at certain times of the year, and rarely elsewhere. A single injection is required. Fee Price On Application
2. Rabies vaccine Very occasionally advised for certain at-risk groups of travellers. Usually a three injection course. Fee £190.00 per three-injection course.
3. Yellow Fever vaccine Mainly necessary for South America and Africa. A single injection is required and provides cover for 10 years. A certificate is issued but is only valid from the tenth day after vaccination or immediately after revaccination. Fee £65.00
4. Japanese B encephalitis vaccine. Very rarely needed. Two injections are necessary. Fee £220.00 per two-injection course.
5. Hepatitis B Vaccine. You may be advised to have this injection. Fee £23.00 for booster, £60.00 for three-injection course.
6. Cholera £ Price On Application per dose (usually 2 doses)
7. Also available to non-registered patients: Hepatitis B vaccine £40.00 for booster, £110.00 for three injection course Hepatitis A per dose Price On Application. Junior Hepatitis A per dose Price On Application Typhoid Price On Application (injection)
8. Anti-malarial Prescriptions These are NOT available on the NHS. Depending on your destination we will advise whether you can purchase them at a Pharmacy or whether you need a prescription. This depends on which antimalarial drugs are required for your destination. Where we issue a private prescription the cost is £20.00 per script or £38 max. for 2 or more family members.